10 August

Hey, Super Ball is over for this year and now it's time to go home.

For me, this years event was totally crazy. First of all I started contacting with Lucaso and Estonian millitary allready in February to find out the possibilities for me to join the tournament. At first i got the permission pretty easily and i was amazed that everything worked out well. So in March i booked the hotel, flight tickets, paid for everything and sun was shining. Somewhere in the middle of June i realized that army is getting close, so i checked all my stuff. Everything was good until i saw that the head of the battalion where i am supposed to go, has changed. Immrdiately i send an email to the major in order to find out if i still have the permission. I got no replay. Wheb i made it to the battalion i immediately started solving the issue. It took me a week actually to find out the right people i am supposed to talk. I got instructions on how to form everything. I had to write reports, at total i did like 6-7 of them and started waiting for the response. A week went by and i finally had the permission. So from that point i had only 2 weeks until the competition. I knew i had a lot of work to do, but actually i had nothing else to do except thinking. That's because we had spended a week allready in a forest and another one was waiting. Week in forest is sh*t, i had no phone, no way to prepare for the competition. So while my opponents were having hardcore training sessions i was running around the forest with my gun, shooting some targets. While i made it back to the battalion i called my mother and brother. Gave them instructions on what i need. They did theire job well... Graciac! So on the they of the departure to Findland the only thing i had was yhe imagination of my routines. Yes the last week i got the chance to train basically everyday, but that actually sucked cause i was a bit ill. So in Vantaa i had like 10 hours for the next flight. Instead of sleeping i downloaded all the songs for my routine and had the first proper thing ready, awesome! But still wiyhout any rehearsals. On the routine qualification day i woke up earlier, went out to try the qualification routine for the first time ever. Seemed good, but still a lot of it was an improvisation. I got a 6 position with that and made it to finals. So my final routine had to be prepared. I talked with Lucaso about my idea and he loved it. My idea was to perform a one third of my routine in a normal light and the rest in a complete dark while wearing a LED costume. Also i needed some help from other freestylers. Planta and Metoditos were helping me out. So on Friday, the night before the final day, we went to try it out. We were doing the rehearsal on a street and everything went good until one biker came. We didnt saw him and he ran into my stuff. The result- he broke my led strips. Not completely, but one canal out of four was gone - thanks homie. We were injured but not defeated as soldiers say. So the final day. Rehearsals everything going well. Just before the show i did the last check- all fine. We go on the stage, Planta and Metod setting everything up, DJ presses play. The first third is going fine. Then comes the darkness and it wasnt as dark as i hoped ( CM knows what im talking about). Okey, move on. My costume works fine , but the lights on a ground wont work. I pressed the remote for 3 times on a different position - nothing. So i went on with the show. Right after the show i immediately went back to the cable that was lying down, pressed the button and it worked - fuck. The only moment on that day, when the cable had to work, it didnt.

The result is fourth position - whatewer...



pallur

1 comment: